Six pro bono credits can be earned per year. [APR 11 Regulation 103(f)] Of the six credits, two are for the required annual pro bono training. Four credits may be earned per year for pro bono service credits if at least four hours of pro bono work were provided through a qualified legal services provider (QLSP) and if two credits of approved pro bono training were completed within the same calendar year.
Applying for pro bono service MCLE Credit for service given on or before 12/31/2012: Once you have (1) completed at least two hours of prerequisite pro bono training, and subsequently (2) given not less than four hours of service, you may apply for four pro bono service credits.
Apply for credit for the training following the normal processes for submitting Form is for Live and A/V programs.
Apply for pro bono credit in one of two ways:
Submit an online pro bono Form 1 application. This is the preferred method, with a greatly expedited approval time relative to paper submissions. Currently, processing time for online application is approximately four weeks.
- Go to the “mywsba” website at www.mywsba.org. You must have a valid email address on file with the WSBA to be able to log in.
- Click “login” in the top right corner of the screen, and log in.
- Click on the “MCLE” link on the left side on your My Profile page.
Print out a standard Form 1 application, found here. It takes much longer to process the printed and mailed application than it does to process the online application. You should use the following guide for adapting the standard Form 1 application to request pro bono credit.
- Clearly write “Pro Bono” in the upper-right-hand corner to indicate its type.
- Utilize the form fields to present information about the prerequisite training activity taken from a Qualified Legal Services Provider. For example, the “Sponsor” of the activity will be the Qualified Provider, and the “Dates of the presentation” will be the date or dates on which you undertook the training.
- Attach a separate written statement detailing the number of service hours provided, the name of the Qualified Legal Service Provider (write Cowlitz-Wahkiakum Legal Aid as the Qualified Service Provider), the dates on which such service occurred, and the type of service rendered.
For both the paper and online Form 1 applications related to pro bono service, the sponsor listed must be recognized by the WSBA as a Qualified Legal Services Provider.
If you would like to find out more information, please contact the WSBA CLE Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King County Bar Association’s Pro Bono Services programs qualify as a QLSP. Most of the videos on the KCBA PBS Volunteer Video Trainings website are approved for AV CLE credit. Watching two hours of these trainings will satisfy the pro bono CLE training requirement.
You are required to self report the trainings and hours towards your pro bono work.
To find out how to self report your pro bono credits please read through the instructions below:
Click for Instructions!
Note: For both paper and online Form 1 applications related to pro bono service, you must identify “Cowlitz-Wahkiakum Legal Aid” as the Qualified Legal Services Provider sponsoring the CLE.